There's nothing more than I hate more that is walking away.
Walking away hurts me.
You say go, inside I say no.
Putting that first foot forward is the hardest thing imaginable.
I hate dragging that second foot behind.
Cement shoes would come in handy,
I'd never have to leave.
I wish for that day when I won't hear the word: goodbye.
Hearing those seven letters drives a seven inch nail into my heart.
Removing that nail is painless, when I hear I love you.
But then when the night is over that blood soaked rusty nail rests on point above my heart.
That closing of the door behind me is the wooden club that pounds that horrible nail back into me.
Walking back home with that nail makes me cold inside.
When I roll over in my sleep I am awakened by a sharp pain.
That pain is like nothing I've ever felt before.
Sharp, deep, horrible, uninvited, dirty, filthy.
That pain is not welcomed at all.
Till that day when I hear no goodbyes
and only I love you's.
No comments:
Post a Comment